Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Dress That Started It All.

Last May, I won a dress in an estate auction.  A vintage dress.  A 1950's Anne Fogarty Margot Inc. dress.  I L-O-V-E vintage clothing.  I am convinced I was born in the wrong era. 

Enter Sadness.  The dress didn't fit.  If I sucked in enough, I could zip it up to my waist but as the zipper inched closer to my bra line, it was a lost cause.  I tried to figure out how much it would cost for me to alter it.  And in my closet it has hung.  For over a year.

Until tonight.

Today I had myself measured at the lingerie department of a store.  The last time I had myself measured was last Fall before I started my Turbofire journey.  After a year of not nursing or being pregnant, none of my pre-pregnancy bras fit.  My measurements were a 36/38C.  As of this afternoon - a little over 240 days later - and I am measuring as a 30/32C!  The sizes weren't carried so the salesgirl told me to try a 34B.  It fit.  It fit PERFECT!  I posted my announcement on Facebook and my uncle asked if I was complaining or bragging.  "BRAGGING!", I posted proudly.  Then I mentioned that I had this certain vintage dress that refused to fit me properly.

And I wondered...

So I dug it out of my closet.  I tried it on and I could ZIP IT UP! 

Pardon the mess in the background!

Now I just need me a crinoline petticoat and a string of pearls. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment